7.15.2010

We met at fat camp.

This post is dedicated to Kim, whose love for food and cooking inspires my own. Sunday dinners at Kim's apartment were always filled with amazing food and company. Up until she left for Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago, we made sure to have Sunday dinner together every week. I'm also pretty sure that when I named this blog, I was subconsciously thinking about our single days together. She used to tell dudes who were hitting on us that we met at fat camp.


I made pulled pork sammies, mashed taters, and roasted carrots for our final (for now) Sunday dinner.

The following photos are from Kim's bachelorette/bridal shower weekend that happened back in April.


We had a bridal shower Sunday dinner for Kim in the Diner airstream. The food was awesome, the airstream was awesome, and the friends were awesome. I keep dreaming about the chicken liver mousse or something. It was retarded (i.e. awesome)--like Corky from Life Goes On.

We had a bachelorette party/trip that was pretty tame. We stayed at Kate's Lazy Meadow upstate. It was very cute and very retro.


Look at the cute kitchen we didn't use!


Creepy busts that Kim and Tu tried to terrorize me with at night.


This is what we ate. Hostess fruit pies are even more awesome when you pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds.


Awesome totem pole chimney.


We were on a safari or something.


City slickers.


You can rent cute little airstream trailers too.

Kim, I am so excited about seeing the life you make with Tom in Hong Kong. And I can't wait to meet baby Maia. I miss you so much, mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment