6.29.2009

Ca Hap + Goi Tom

Last Thursday, I had a few people over for dinner. There was no real occasion although it was sort of an end-of-school year hurrah for me. I made (or approximated) an oven-steamed striped bass moms used to make. I steamed it in foil since I didn't have any parchment paper along with some bean thread noodles and tree ear fungus. I seasoned it with a generous amount of soy sauce, some kosher salt and pepper, slices of fresh ginger and drizzled it with sesame seed oil. I served it with fresh green leaf lettuce, Chinese chives, sliced cucumber, and fresh mint leaves all wrapped up in rice paper. The nice thing about this meal is that it's interactive since people are wrapping their own rolls. I also made a red cabbage and mango salad with grilled shrimp. And Olivia also brought some cupcakes from sugar Sweet sunshine that were retardedly good. Her assortment included red velvet cake, strawberry (from fresh strawberries, in season!), and some yellow cake one. The strawberry seemed like everyone's favorite. It was a lovely and stomach-satisfying night.

Olivia thinks the salad is boss.


The Salad


Ca Hap aka Steamed Fish


Sugar Sweet Sunsheeeeeine!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment