6.29.2009

Storm King

Andrew and I took a bus to Storm King on Saturday to kick off my summer vacation. The place is pretty magical as is, but even more magical when you're with the Wiz (yeah, you can barf now). I don't think we could have had a better day in spite of some light rain and accidentally sloshing through some swampy grass.

Maya Lin created these huge grass waves, which were cool but a little underwhelming. I liked the models and sketches that were used in planning Wavefield. Totally minimal.



I packed stuff to make turkey wraps there so as to avoid eating soggy wraps. I used red pepper hummus instead of mayo. Andrew thinks mayonnaise is demon semen. We also packed some darling clementines. I can't believe we ate one and a half wraps each, a bag of bagel chips and a bag of goldfish. Such piggies.


If a tree falls...


The sculpture from Beetlejuice, yes!


Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment